Pork chops are a very versatile food and easy to cook with. Most of us have grown up with our mom’s serving pork chops with applesauce, a delicious combination. But have you tried pork chops with peaches? Even more delicious! And as it is summer time, and peaches are in season, it is the perfect time to pair these two together. So here we go!
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 medium onion, diced
4 boneless pork loin chops
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
3/4 cup chicken broth – recipe for beef bone broth can be found following the link, use chicken bones instead of beef bones for a chicken broth: Easy Nutrition Bone Broth Recipe
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons oregano
- Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large stainless steel pan
- Add the onion and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, set the onions aside
- Season both sides of the pork chops with the salt and pepper and thyme. Add the pork to the pan and cook each side for 2 – 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer the porks chops to a plate.
- Add the bone broth, quinoa, basil , oregano and cooked onion to the pan, heat to boiling. Once boiling reduce the heat, place the pork on top of the quinoa. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the brocolettes and simmer until pork and brocolettes are cooked
- Serve the pork with baked peaches
3 peaches, cut in half
1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil for each half
1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup for each half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place the peach halves on a baking sheet
- Place the coconut oil on top of the half peach, and drizzle the maple syrup over each half peach
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, checking regularly to make sure the peaches do not burn