I named these cookies Thanksgiving Sweet Potato Cookies not because I serve them at Thanksgiving, but because they remind me of thanksgiving – cold nights, cozy kitchens, and special time with family.
With flavours of cinnamon and nutmeg, and sweetness from maple syrup and sweet potato, these gluten free and sugar free cookies are best served while under a warm blanket, in front of the fire, surrounded by family.
And they have the added bonus of being made primarily with sweet potato and coconut oil. So, if you are looking for a good way to sneak some healthy food into your kids diets these cookies will do the trick. My kids love them and ask for them regularly.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- 2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup honey, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 5 medium sized eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup coconut flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl
3. using a small amount of butter, oil a cookie sheet
4. Spoon balls of batter onto the cookie sheet and flatten each
5. Bake for 30 minutes